In addition to visting the animal inmates, we spent some time on the zoo playground.
In the video below, Emi checks out the shed fur of a Bactrian Camel. I expect Emilio will be shedding some of his own fur later this summer. I am not looking forward to it.
7 comments:
This must be a most familiar spot to Emilio. And he looks right at home.
Because you love his curls or because he protest or both?
If that's truly a life-sized tiger, then they're much, much larger than I had realized. I realize that I don't know the relative sizes of the big cats to one another as well as to us.
Because I love his curls as they symbolize his infancy.
We have never cut his hair, though we have trimmed his bangs. I am in no hurry for him to grow up. I am very happy with who he is now and the relationship we now have.
Every day Emilio takes a ride on my shoulders, usually when we're walking across the supermarket parking lot. At the supermarket, we look for Sam, who stocks the fruit, and Nina, the teller who shares the name of Emi's sister. We smell three scented candles and one coffee bean.
Emi likes to hold the items I pick up before we put them in the cart and he is also really good at remembering things we're supposed to buy.
On our way out of the supermarket, I push the cart at a run until we get to our car. And then we get drive-thru apple slices(for Emi), french fries (for me--and I usually share a few) and a large Diet Coke (for me--and I don't share).
In the summer, if it's not too cold and dark, we sometimes visit the playground behind the supermarket.
I do miss the days of infancy/toddlerhood but the relationship becomes richer as they become older. It blows my mind the conversations I have with Daniel. We have our best talks in the car while we're waiting for Noah to get out of school. I wouldn't trade that time for anything. The curls may go and those markers of growing up are so often bittersweet for us as parents. On the flip side, it is so exciting to observe their evolution. I'll always miss the younger days but I'm reveling in the present and anxiously anticipating the future.
¡Gran día para los tres! el zoo, esté donde esté, siempre impacta a los niños. Me imagino la emoción de Emi saludando al tigre y recorriendo cada uno de los distintos habitats de los animales.Recordé las visitas al zoo de Buenos aires donde una jirafa escupió cerca de los chicos y Gerardo al ver una cebra dijo "un caballo con piyama" ( porque Jaime tenía un piyama de rayas) y al de Madrid donde tenemos una bonita foto los cinco.
Ojalà pueda ir con los nietos al zoo.
Besos
María Rosa
Post a Comment