Friday, June 19, 2009

Emi's First Cut

Maybe it was the frequent swimming in heavily chlorinated water or maybe Emi's long locks had simply reached their limit, but for whatever reason, the tips of those locks recently began to get very dry and tangled. Once we'd observed this phenomenon, it didn't take long for us to decide that after more than three years and seven months of uninterrupted growth, it was time to for those locks to begin a new journey (destination: "Locks of Love"). In the end, the decision was a spontaneous one. While Mari gave Emi a bath Friday night, I set up my living room barber shop. After a thorough combing, we pulled the hair on the back of Emi's head into a ponytail and sawed it off (the hair was thick, the scissors were dull; Emi was unphased). While Emi watched Curious George, I snipped away at the edges. Then he and I took a shower together (another first) and after giving it another look, I performed another comb job and went to work on layering as Emi watched Winnie the Pooh. We are pleased to report that Emi has had no trouble whatsoever transitioning to his new look, and I feel satisfied with my first major barbering assignment (though I also see some room for improvement.)




6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Emi,¡ te queda fenomenal el corte de pelo1 resalta tu cara, tu cabeza, tus ojos, tu mirada, tu sonrisa.
¡Felicitaciones al peluquero! Steve ¿ podés ir pensando un corte para mí?
Besos
la abuela

gimena said...

qué lindo está, y no sé por qué pero lo veo como con mas carácter, mas original, en fin esa es mi impresion.

Anonymous said...

No me canso de mirarlo. Hoy mostré a Emi en la universidad. Todas me dicen que se lo ve más niño, más mayor.besos
La abuela

Anonymous said...

How handsome he is. A great cut, Dad. Aunt C

Anonymous said...

I sm so glad you put up this picture. The folks in Waxahachie were anxious to see it. Emi is such a handsome young man. Grandmother

Groungs Keeper Gibson said...

Wow, what a change!! He looks great.