After dressing and attending to my own dental hygiene, I went to the hospital to take Dad (who was accompanying Mom and her two new knees) a passel of meaning-laden gifts: the morning paper (so that his hopes--in the Rangers--will always be born anew); a box of Krispy Kremes (so that he will always have something to share with his son; I promptly ate one--helping this wish come true), Hot Mexican Cheeto Knockoffs (so that his interest in Latino culture will remain strong), Spicy Cheese Nips (so that his life will remain spicy), coffee-flavored candy (so that he will always have coffee breath), peaches (so that he will always feel virtuous--fresh fruit being a healthy snack), and last of all, a customized t-shirt (so that wherever he goes, people will know that he is a Tri-State Muralist).
But the best gift from me and for me were tickets to see Toy Story 3 with Emilio. Thumbs Way Up from all three of us for this one. Afterwards, we dropped Dad off at the hospital, looked in on Mom, and then Emi and I joined the rest of the rb clan for a swim at Aunt Carolyn's pool before we headed back to Oklahoma.
1 comment:
Every time I have worn the tri-state muralist t-shirt, someone has commented or asked about it. I explain modestly.
Granddaddy
Post a Comment