That's Emi's old pal, Grant, in the middle (he'll also be in Mrs. Donaghey's class), and Lane (who does a fine imitation of a yapping dog) on the right. Their attention is directed to the cartoons on the TV.
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Day One, New School
In Cars, our latest novel/DVD conquest, Doc Hudson tells Lightning McQueen to "turn right to go left" when you're racing at top speed on a dirt track. On our approach to the Homer Pre-K center, Emilio fantasized about using Doc's advice to make a dramatic arrival on the dirt path west of the school. My thoughts, on the other hand, turned to mud and rainy days. On this evidence, I think it fair to say that Emilio's mind is often a much more interesting place than mine is.



That's Emi's old pal, Grant, in the middle (he'll also be in Mrs. Donaghey's class), and Lane (who does a fine imitation of a yapping dog) on the right. Their attention is directed to the cartoons on the TV.
That's Emi's old pal, Grant, in the middle (he'll also be in Mrs. Donaghey's class), and Lane (who does a fine imitation of a yapping dog) on the right. Their attention is directed to the cartoons on the TV.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
How nice to have a few familiar faces among all the new ones. Aunt C
Dude, I vividly remember that first day I offered Emi's daddy up on the altar of schooling, feeling that the days of my being the primary influence on his life were over. We walked hand in hand down the block and around the corner and I wept. And, lo, the first day passed. And it was so.
Granddaddy
How exciting to begin a new school! I'm sure Emi will have lots of fun there. Grandmother
I had my sound turned off, but forgot. It seemed so very silent and I wondered how you got that to record without any noise. I remember especially the most recent (1st) day in someone else's care. It was dreadfully hard for us, almost traumatically hard. I'm glad Emi had a good friend and the opportunity to make more. I'm glad I finally was able to get to this site.
Post a Comment