Emilio is staying with Grandmother and Granddaddy this week and attending JATO soccer camp. Our photo-correspondent Aunt Carolyn sent us the photos below, which were taken at today's practice.

Dad says the day's first order of business was dividing the campers into their respective age groups. There are about a dozen in the 5-and-6 year-old group with Emi.

At the end of the day, there was some game playing. Aunt Carolyn titled the above shot of Emilio playing defense: "Like Glue."

Aunt Carolyn titled this shot "Another score." When I spoke to Emilio after practice today, he didn't mention anything about scoring goals, so after I got these photos I had to call and get more details from Mom and Dad. To sum up, it sounds like Emilio is up to his old tricks.

Dad says Emi's coach encouraged him to stay on his feet, but the above shot is still my favorite. Aunt Carolyn titled it "Emi scores."

Dad says Emilio always volunteers to go first, and he is doing a good job of following instructions (for the most part).

Emi told Mari he almost drank this whole jug of water. I'm going down to Texas on Thursday, so I'll be able to watch the final day of camp on Friday. I can't wait!
1 comment:
I am beyond in love with my nephew. He is such a fun, funny, smart, talented, sweet, adorable, brilliant child. I love watching him doing things he loves. I love watching him gently interact with Norah while protecting her so seriously. I love watching him swim. I love playing catch with him. I hope to see him at soccer camp tomorrow morning. Don't tell my boss.
Post a Comment