Emi started the day by completing the 1,368-piece Lego version of Helm's Deep his Fort Worth grandparents gave him for Christmas.
He and I then saw The Desolation of Smaug together for the second time--for the first time in 3D with a High Frame Rate at Ada's brand new Cinemark 6. This was Emilio's second visit to the new cinema (he and Mari went last Saturday), but my first, and I was totally impressed. I feel my quality of life expectations for Ada just took a significant step forward. Once again, I hear the siren call of the silver screen--especially with so many highly rated movies showing here, including--in addition to The Desolation of Smaug (Metacritic rating: 66) and Frozen (74), which I've already seen--American Hustle (90), The Wolf of Wall Street (75), and Anchorman 2 (61).
On our return from the movies, we went on a Wintersmith walk with the rest of the family (and the squishy mini-football Santa brought into our lives), and then retired to W. 19th for the first game of Monopoly to be played under this roof during our tenure here (it was Emilio's second game ever and la abuela's first in a long time), and a late night screening of a recorded episode of The Sing-Off: Season Four.
No comments:
Post a Comment