With the exception of Easter weekend, Emilio will be spending his spring Saturdays through May 16th soccering with many of the same teammates he played with in the Fall. We will have a new/old coach: Brian Bratton, who coached Emilio's team when Emi was in 2nd grade. Our uniforms have not come in yet, but Coach Brian provided everyone with matching maroon shirts. We got the black shorts memo, but whiffed on the black socks. Emi's legs are bright yellow.
Emi races in for the loose ball, commands it down field, and--this is a developing element of his game--keeps his head up looking for someone to pass it to. He finds a teammate and sends over a crosser. Though it doesn't connect, the idea is a good one.
McAlester is going to be a tough matchup for us. Though this shot goes wide, I can't blame Emi for trying a couple of launcharoos.
Impressive, relentless determination.
Launcharoo two.
Great crosser with the left.
Another nice pass.
Great second half hustle play down the sideline followed by a brilliant crosser.
Nifty footwork and a quick shot on goal.
Soooooo close.
More determination and elusiveness followed by another good idea lead pass.
I love the way he gets by this guy, and the clever footwork on the pass to Carson is one of the highlights of the day.
In sum, though Emi's shots didn't find nets today, Emi played his position well and resisted the temptation to play endline to endline (at times, he has shown a tendency to play everyone's position--which has left him with little energy to attack). I wish I could be there for his next game, on April 11th, though my greatest hope is that it will get rained out and rescheduled for a day when I can be there!
1 comment:
Great ball handling and team play. Don't know how you do it, Emi. It's amazing. Aunt C
Post a Comment