I got home from Arkansas after noon on Sunday, and not long after, Mari, Nina, Pablo and I left for Midwest City to catch Emilio's championship game.Emilio, and his teammates Angel and Carlos spent the day with Coach Tyler's family Before the game, I took the team photo at the top of this post.
Emi starts the game at right midfield. Playing with a strong wind at our back, we fell behind 0-1, scored to tie it up, and then fell behind 1-2 at halftime.
Emilio starts the second half as the center defender. Playing against the wind, we score to tie the game 2-2, and in the final second ALMOST get one by their goalie.
Co-champs?
Nope: we'll play two five-minute overtimes with a golden goal provision. The first to score wins.
We start the first overtime with the wind in our face and maintain the tie.
In the second half of overtime, Emi does some aggressive sweeping.
But in the end, the tournament champs sneak one by us, and we content ourselves with pushing them to the utter limit. Our record is now: 4-2-1.
No comments:
Post a Comment