Behind Emilio in the photo above is the Jones County Courthouse, which was built in 1910, when N. G. Ferrell was sheriff of Anson.
We didn't see anybody in downtown Anson. It was hot.
We didn't see anybody in downtown Anson. It was hot.
My junior year, I played cornerback and special teams on a 12-2 Permian varsity in 1983. Both of those losses were to Midland Lee, which went on to play in the state championship--which it lost by 4 points to Converse Judson, 21-25. Twenty-thousand people attended our last game that season. The previous season, when I was a sophomore. I started at cornerback on an undefeated junior varsity team and was called up to the varsity for the playoffs. For our last game of the year that year, we flew in charter planes to Dallas, where we played at Texas Stadium. I was slated to start at cornerback on the 1984 team that went undefeated and won the state championship, and the coaches listed me as "player to watch" in Dave Campbell's Texas Football.
No comments:
Post a Comment