Emilio and I made it to Jewel and back on Friday afternoon without getting wet, and Emilio even managed to stay awake almost the whole time, checking out the houses, porches, trees, brick walls, alleys, cars, blowing leaves, and fire engine sirens. The temperature was in the sixties (first time I’ve been out this year in nothing more than a t-shirt), but some of the wind gusts reached forty miles an hour and I suspect that these mighty winds played some role in Emilio’s alertness. When Mari got home around four, it had started to sprinkle and the temperature started to drop (it didn’t take long to drop into the forties), but we were happy to go on another neighborhood walk with her and a second Jewel visit became our excuse for going out. This time we needed an umbrella (going, but not coming back), and I wore a long-sleeved shirt and a light jacket, which, as you can see in the photo, served both me and Emilio—who slept the entire time.
Saturday, April 01, 2006
A Blustery Day
Emilio and I made it to Jewel and back on Friday afternoon without getting wet, and Emilio even managed to stay awake almost the whole time, checking out the houses, porches, trees, brick walls, alleys, cars, blowing leaves, and fire engine sirens. The temperature was in the sixties (first time I’ve been out this year in nothing more than a t-shirt), but some of the wind gusts reached forty miles an hour and I suspect that these mighty winds played some role in Emilio’s alertness. When Mari got home around four, it had started to sprinkle and the temperature started to drop (it didn’t take long to drop into the forties), but we were happy to go on another neighborhood walk with her and a second Jewel visit became our excuse for going out. This time we needed an umbrella (going, but not coming back), and I wore a long-sleeved shirt and a light jacket, which, as you can see in the photo, served both me and Emilio—who slept the entire time.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Poor little thing.
Don't worry, Mom. Emilio kept me warm.
Post a Comment