It may be a cliche that all actors want to direct, but as the following video shows, the directing bug bit Emi on this day. Though the scene called for the young performer to offer his rendition of "Summertime," he soon went off-script, resorting to a meditative improvisational scat that was only loosely tethered to the Gershwin tune. Something about this process convinced him that he would rather be on the other side of the viewfinder and he promptly made these desires clear.
5 comments:
Well, Steve, I can see the time coming for Emi to produce and direct his own.
I was reviewing some of the archives to discover familial resemblances between Emilio and the babies. I had not seen the post in November of 2005 called "My Little Potato." I'm very glad I opened up the archive as I would not have missed it.
bob dylan said...
Come gather round people wherever you roam and admit that the waters around you have grown and you better start swimmin or you'll sink like a stone There's a battle outside and it's ragin it'll soon shake your windows it'll rattle your doors for the times they are a'changin
I love for Emi to sing. He has such a nice expression and his voice is so soft. Grandmother
Post a Comment