Sunday, November 08, 2020

Game 14: Turkey Shootout Showdown

Sunday morning, we left the hotel at 8:15 a.m. for a 9:30 match (Coach Vaughn wants us there an hour early).  Having tied our first two games, we needed a win to advance.
McAlester took at 1-0 lead, but we soon tied them up. 

Emilio took this foul in the penalty box.


Five minutes later, he got kicked in the foot. It hurt, but he got up quickly. No foul was called.
This clever run ended with a header/crosser that fell short of the mark.
Eventually, we fell 3-1, but I think Emilio gained confidence the more he played. And he looked comfortable at right forward.

2 comments:

granddaddy said...

That boy's got skills

granddaddy said...

This post led me backwards through the season and beyond. What a treasure this is! Now that I think about it, I think I'll go way back.