This is the face that Emilio makes when I sing "Lida Rose." At least it was today. Don't know why the photo is so blue.When Mari got home from school this afternoon around five, Gladys reported that Emilio had had his best day with her yet--lots of smiles.
This past week Emilio has started making lots of "talking" sounds and Mari and I have enjoyed listening to some of his longer speeches, punctuated as they are by the occasional squeal, yelp and blurt (his discourse is remarkably varied). Grandmom got to hear a bit of this gurgle on Saturday when she spoke to him on the phone.
I also forgot to mention that last Monday, while Mari was at her book club, I lay Emilio down on his back in his play yard "gym." When he started working through one of his stump speeches, I started working on my laptop. When he got to a particularly purple passage, I looked up and realized that he had managed to flip over onto his stomach--a first. I returned him to his back so that I could see how he did it, but he waited until I was looking away to re-do the deed. I haven't yet seen him manage the flip, but I know he can do it.When I can't give Emilio the entertainment he needs, I hook him up with some of his furry friends (see photo at right). I try to get as many of the creatures in the chair with him as I can (like stuffing people in a Volkswagen). Sometimes Emilio tosses them out of the joint, but I usually mangage to get the gang back together again.
5 comments:
Quite a stud your little one. A very good sense of timing, it seems. As for the blue, I think he is controlling the light around him to make an early statement about his political affiliations.
Lida Rose, huh?
I mentioned to Steve that maybe Emilio will go into politics, being so talkative already.
I can imagine what Steve would do if Emilio elected to go into politics. I love this blue effect. Too bad you don't know how to recreate it.
I think the afternoon light in the house these days creates the blue effect.
If Emilio went into politics, I'd impugn the opposition.
In my own experience (at too many faculty meetings), however, teachers are the most talkative folk in the world.
how about maybe he's going to be a gymnast?
i hope he's happy whatever he does.
Post a Comment