It's always fun to hang out with Emilio and Mari on weekend mornings and holidays when the three of us can play in the bed together. As many of you know, I'm a slow starter in the mornings, but I enjoy waking up to smiles like these.It got up into the 90s today in Chicago and without air-conditioning it was really uncomfortable in our apartment. We turned on all the ceiling fans, opened the windows, wished for breezes, and used wet cloths and baths to cool off. We have a heavy window unit that I am going to have to put in--one of my least favorite seasonal activities (our landlord makes all his tenants remove their window units in winter), but to install the unit this year, I'm going to have to move a bookshelf and some other furniture (and I'm always afraid that the air conditioner is going to fall through the hole and then three floors down to the street). Tomorrow, the highs are supposed to be in the eighties, but on Wednesday the highs are supposed to be back in the seventies again for a while, so I think I can put it off a little longer.
After I gave Emilio his second breakfast bottle this morning, he checked out internet news sites with me for a while. Eventually, though, he wearied of this and drifted off (see photo at right). When he woke up, Mari and I took him a neighborhood walk, hoping that the breeze under shady trees would cool us off (it didn't much). Later, though, when I got home from the "office," we went on a second walk and this time it was a lot cooler out (it rained some). Before coming home, we paid a visit to Sweet Occasions (a neighborhood dispenser of dairy products that we had never, ever visited before today) and then some of us watched a fine episode of our favorite BBC crime drama, Foyle's War, while others of us played on a blanket on the floor.
12 comments:
The perfect weekend! It's amazing the things that make us happy these days: smiles, giggles, walks, ice-cream and playing in bed.
a great pic of emilio's big smile
I think it's fun to guess who was playing on the blanket on the floor. I am going to guess.....Mari.
How did you guess?
Bueno Steve, no te preocupes, cuando instales el aparato yo me encargo de poner la valla en la acera para que no pase nin´gún transeunte, llamar a los bomberos por si sos vos el que se queda colgado de la ventana - aquí hasta se los llama para que bajen al gatito del árbol- y a una ambulancia.. por si las moscas. finalizado el despliegue de recursos, ¡aire acondicionado instalado!
¿Sweet occasions? ¿Qué lugar es ese que nunca visitan? ¿ Qué venden? Conociendo a María José supongo que productos salados...¿sweet significa salado ,no?
¿Me llevarán cuando vaya? No mejor cuando vaya Gime que le encanta el salamín
The heat will help to make the memories more intense, as will your blogging about them, and they do seem to be such special memories. Please let us know when the air conditioner is installed, so that I don't have to worry about the possible fall. I'm pretty silly that way, worrying about things that are beyond my control.
I’ll let you know, Ruth. Fortunately, the temperatures have been moderate this past week. (In the mean time, imagine a planet in which there are no third-story apartments in need of air conditioners . . . )
Querida suegra: No estoy seguro, pero me parece que tambien venden productos dulces en Sweet Occasions. Si volvemos algun día en un futuro lejano, te lo confirmaré.
Y gracias por el plan para la instalacion del aire acondicionado. Me suena fenomenál. Me hacia falta otro motivo para demorar mas esta tarea odiosa y ahora lo tengo. Cuando vengas podemos poner en marcha tu plan.
Muy bien Steve, gracias por esperarme. Montaré todo el operativo para instalar el aire acondicionado ....¡en noviembre cuando vaya al cumpleaños de Emilio!
Dudo mucho que allí vendan dulces, María Jósé suele hablarme de ese sitio pero como los Blanco aborrecemos, odiamos, rechazamos, huimos de los dulces... insisto, deben vender buena mortadela
Post a Comment