Friday, June 16, 2006

Pamper Prometheus

Some time this afternoon while Blogger and I were going at it, I realized that Emilio, who was in the crib beside the bed I was then sitting on, was engaged in an equally absorbing task of some kind. He had for some time been unusually quiet--active, but quiet. Turns out my suspicions were correct: when I looked in the crib, he had unhitched the adhesive hitch of his diaper and removed his right leg from its Pamper manacle. Some time within the last day or so, I had noticed that he was working on an initial study of the adhesive hitch problem and had successfully unhitched his hitch on two successive occasions. I initially believed that these successes were the result of random luck and would not be easily repeated. As events have shown, I was wrong. When I put Pandora back in his nappy box, he was a good sport about it, realizing, no doubt, what they say about the train and the station.

3 comments:

ervierto said...

I wonder if I will someday now get to tell stories of young Emilio playing in crib and poop together. Ah the pleasures of Uncledom.

Anonymous said...

I can recall our oldest child, who is 9 today by the way, taking off his footie pajamas followed by his diaper while lounging in his crib. And yes, there was a crib/poop incident. We then devised a handy little lock out of a safety pin and the zipper of his footie pj's. He slept that way for an entire winter. And now, he's having his final single-digit birthday. It goes too fast. Enjoy Emilio's new discoveries!

Maria Jose said...

Sorry, Emilio, from now on you are wearing underwear on top of your diaper.