Thursday, August 31, 2006

Mary Poppins?

Wednesday was Mari's first official day back at work and the first day since last May that Emilio experimented with spending part of the workday with a babysitter. Jack and Julie recommended Dionne to us (she and Nathaniel are pals) and when we met her and her 21-month-old daughter Michelle last Sunday it was easy to see why. The threesome was getting along famously when I left for work this morning and when Mari came home this afternoon , the happy state of affairs continued. Dionne reported that Emilio had eaten well, played well, napped long and cried not at all, which was welcome news to his mama and papa. Dionne and Michelle are coming back on Thursday and on Saturday (Mari and I are actually going to the movies--woo hoo!) and next Tuesday (maybe), but then, alas, they will begin working with another family. Obviously, we hope Emilio's next babysitting experiences are as successful as today's.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Steve,

Thank you for the kind words! You guys are a great family to work with. Emilio is a happy, easy-going and super loveable baby! Michelle and I had a great time and look forward to the next few days with him as well!

Dionne and Michelle

Anonymous said...

Two happy babies! Who could ask for anything more? Love.

Maria Jose said...

I wish Dionne could be here everyday! It seems Emilio eats better with her than with me.
thank you, Dionne for taking such good care of him.

Anonymous said...

Hi guys!

I miss Emilio already! I just wanted to know how things are going with the new sitter? Well take care guys and I look forward to seeing you guys again soon! Thanks again for the CD. Michelle has been jamming to it non-stop!

Dionne and Michelle

rnr said...

It's a wonderful feeling to be able to leave your children with someone new, with smiles and warm feelings all around and arrive back to the same thing. Congratulations on finding caregivers who are treasures. Only parents and granparents can possibly know how important it is.

rnr said...

Here's one of the things I like to pay attention to in a photograph -
the baby's hands. It's one of the things that I remember looking at when Jen and Nance were a lot older and wishing I could feel those little familiar hands just one more time. I have tried to notice Haley's hands so much more when she was born and as she grows. Emilio has such sweet expressions in his hands and such intimacy.