Sunday, May 24, 2015

New Orleans Emilio

Emilio: "We are about to see the Mississippi River again.
"We saw it. Now we are going to New Orleans. First we are going to Wendy’s.
"We just stopped at McDonald’s. I had oatmeal, milk, and apples.
"We made it to New Orleans. It is crowded. Our hotel room is awesome. I can’t wait to go on a walk."

On Jackson Square.
On the banks of the Mississippi.

"We are sitting on the banks of the Mississippi River. I got to touch the Mississippi River. Awesome! I am about to ride in a taxi. First time!"*

*The taxi ride, alas, did not happen. We decided to hoof it. (Ed.)

1 comment:

granddaddy said...

Is the Mississippi so polluted that you risked damage to your fingers?
Your dad says you didn't get the taxi after all. Of course. When we visited him en Madrid long ago, we walked more than we ever had before. And when we got back home to his apartment, four (or was it fourteen?) flights of stairs. And when he took students to New York, one with a fit bit reported they had walked a half marathon in a day.