Saturday, May 27, 2017

Grand Tour, Day 6: Madrid Saturday

Emilio writes:

I woke up early and went to breakfast with my mom and her parents. I got orange juice and bread with jelly.

Then we went and walked around Madrid. While we were walking, we saw the house where my dad lived when he and my mom were boyfriend and girlfriend.


When we were walking on the street where my dad lived back in time, we saw a man selling many different things, and my dad thought it would be a good idea to take a picture of me and him in a mirror. I thought it was a good idea as well.
In the picture above, I am standing in front of the church where they found the skeleton of who they think is Miguel Cervantes, the author of Don Quixote.

While we were walking, we saw people wearing Barcelona and Alaves jerseys. There was a big game that day so that's why everyone was wearing jerseys. The big game is Barcelona and Alaves in the Copa del Rey. Alaves had a band playing. Pablo got a hat and gave it to me. It had a Copa Del Rey band on it.

After we got home, I watched Castaway in Spanish. Castaway was a good movie to watch in Spanish because they didn't talk that much, so I could easily get what the movie was about.

Then we watched Barcelona vs. Alaves. I was scared we were going to lose because Alaves got off to a good start. But my worries were unfounded because we scored first. The first goal was scored by Lionel Messi. Then Alaves scored on a free kick, which tied the game up. Then Neymar scored, which put Barcelona up by 1. Then Alcacer scored and Barcelona took a 3 to 1 lead. And that's how the game ended. We are the champions my friend!

Here is a list of my favorite things I did today:
1. Watch Barcelona play in la Copa del Rey
2. Being in Abuelo's and Abuela's apartment
3. Walking around Madrid

1 comment:

Jim Benton said...

I thought you and that funny-looking man were in a doorway. I should have remembered Las Meninas (de Velasquez).