When we woke up, we went to the Louvre. We got there early, so we had to wait for a little bit.
There were three wings: Denon, Sully, and Richelieu. I had a list of paintings that I was trying to find. Most of the paintings were in the Denon wing, so that is where we went first.
The Denon wing was home to the Mona Lisa. When you walk into the room, you see a wall with a Titian painting on it. Then if you walk on the other side of the wall, you see the Mona Lisa! A long cord keeps people away from the painting. Security is watching your every move.
When we got there I was ecstatic. I got to be right in the front of the crowd. That was my most memorable painting from the Louvre.
We spent six hours in the museum!
The painting above is called "The Death of Sardanapalus." It was painted by Eugène Delacroix. I would not like to be any of the people in this painting.
This head is one of the heads from Easter Island. I would like to know why this guy isn't smiling. My hypothesis is that whenever the guy made this head, he was having a bad time in his life.
We stopped at a place to eat at the museum, and it turned out that we were eating right next to this fabulous pyramid.
After we left the museum, we went to the river and were going to ride on a boat, but there was lightning, so we did not want to. As we were walking, it started raining. We stopped under a bridge to get dry.
Once it stopped raining, we went to get a snack. I got a cheese lettuce and tomato sandwich and a crepe. They were good!
Then we went to the Arc De Triomphe. We were going to climb it, but it was too much money, so instead, we walked under it. Then we got in the subway and went home.
Here is a list of my favorite things I did today:
1. Louvre
2. Subway
3. Arc De Triomphe
1 comment:
I'm glad you prepared a list of art that you wanted to see in advance. That was smart. I imagine the Louvre to be so big that one could wander forever, and still miss something important and wonderful. Aunt C
Post a Comment