Tuesday, June 27, 2017

Grand Tour, Day 37: Malaga to Madrid

When we woke up, we went to climb the Gibralfarol. The Gibralfarol was the last stronghold of the Muslims in Malaga during the siege of 1487. The path we climbed was very steep.

The view from the path to the stronghold was amazing. You could see all the buildings, and then behind them, you saw the Mediterranean Sea.

After we left the stronghold and came down, we met Abuela and Abuelo at a restaurant. I had paella and tomatoes. The paella was super tasty--one of the best dishes I had on this trip.

Then we all went to Zara to get some clothes for Nina, and we got some ice cream. I got strawberry. My brother dropped his scoop and got another scoop for free.

After we got our luggage, we went to the train station. We put our bags in the waiting room and went window shopping. Then we got on our train. We were not sitting by Abuela and Abuelo, so I played Carioca with my mom. She beat me.

Once we got to Madrid, we went to Abuela and Abuelo’s house. We were planning to go on a walk, but right before we left, my mom’s cousin Gonzalo and his partner Karina came to Abuela's house, and they came with us.

We made a loop around a park where we crossed a bridge and played on a rope-climbing course, which I liked. Then we went back home. I had rice and tomatoes for dinner. Then, since Gonzalo is the best player in the family, we played Carioca. He won.

Here is a list of my favorite things I did today:
1. Playing Carioca with Gonzalo, Karina, my mom, and Abuela
2. Walking in the park with Gonzalo and Karina
3. Climbing the Gibralfarol
4. Riding on the train to Madrid

1 comment:

granddaddy said...

Wow! Two losses in the same Day! And you reported them!
That first picture of you makes you look like a model.