Friday, June 16, 2017

Grand Tour, Day 26: Austria

The most memorable thing we did in Austria was go to Zell-Am-See and walk in the Alps. We started off by taking a train from Salzburg to Zell-Am-See.


The train ride was beautiful. We rode by a river and through mountains.

When we got to Zell-Am-See, we took a bus to a place where you could take a chair lift up to a trail in the Alps.


We took the chairlift, and you could see everything. Then the fog came, and you could see nothing. I was with my dad and Pablo.

At the top, there was a playground, so we went to play on it. There was a big slide that had a sign by it that said if there was a puddle at the end, do not slide, or something like that. There was water, but I still slid on it. It was fun. There was also a pretty short zip line. That was also fun.

After playing, we walked to the top of one of the mountains. Almost at the very end, there was a big hill. My dad asked me if I could run up to the top without stopping. I almost did, but I got gassed at the very end.


Once we got to the “top," my dad and I went to the very top.


I got a big rock and put it on top of the peak, to make the mountain taller.

As we were walking back down to the chair lift, my dad stopped and said to Pablo “You see that?" My mom, Nina, and I turned around because we thought that it was gold or something valuable. Then my dad said, “That’s poop.” We thought that was very funny.

We made it back to the chair lift and we rode back down. This time, I rode with my mom and Pablo. We got to the bottom, and then we were walking away, and my dad said “Do you want to do that again?” Everyone said yes, so we went again.

On the way up I was riding with my dad, and he saw bananas on one of the trees.


On the way back down, I was riding with my dad, but we were close to my mom, so I shouted to her to look, and she saw the bananas.


After we got down, we went back on the bus and took the train back to Salzburg.


When we got to Salzburg, we walked around the old city.


On our walk, we went to the place where the Von Trapp family hid from the Nazis in The Sound of Music.

Also, we saw a big chess board and big chess pieces. Somebody was playing a game, so Pablo gave one of the players advice that was probably not needed.


Then we took a train that went up a very steep slope to an old castle. We walked up some steps, and we got to a courtyard.


In the courtyard, there was a little town with no people--just houses. We took a few pictures, and then we retraced our steps and found a telescope that you could look through and see how far away some famous cities were. For example, if you looked south, it would tell you how far away Rome was.


Then we got on the train to Rome, which, this time, did not leave us. My mom and I played Desesperado and she won. Then we went to bed on the train. I slept on the top bunk on one side.

No comments: