Saturday, June 03, 2017

Grand Tour, Day 13: Paris, D'Orsay

We started off the day by going to the Musee D'Orsay. We spent 4 and a half hours there! The most memorable painting there was the Pond of Water Lilies by Claude Monet.

At the very top of the museum, there was a clock that you could see Paris through. There was a whole crowd around it. Next to it, there was a circle of 8 bean bags. I got to sit in one.

After we left the museum, we went on a boat ride. It lasted about 30 minutes.

From the boat, we could see the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame and Montmarte. 

When we were on the Eiffel Tower, we saw boats like ours riding down this same river.

This boat ride was the first time I'd ever ridden a boat before. It was exhilarating!

A year before we were here, these walls were almost covered with water, and the tourist boats could not operate.

This building, the Conciergerie, is where Marie Antoinette was held prisoner before her execution.

After the boat ride, we went to lunch, and I ate five slices of pizza. Then my tio took us to watch a band. After that, we went to an ice cream place called Amorino. I got raspberry, orange sicilian, and mango. It was good!


It was raining so we went home. I played Carioca and lost. I played Desesperado twice and won the first time and lost the second time. Then I played Escoba de Quince. I lost.

Here is a list of my favorite things I did today:
1. Musee D'Orsay
2. Cards
3. Ice cream
4. Boat

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have seen photos of that Monet painting, and would like to see it and others in person. Seems like there are quite a few of his works at D'Orsay. He was my first favorite painter. Boat ride looks like fun, but perhaps cold? Aunt C